Free, Fun Activities for Spring to Do with Your Family
Find 69 free, fun activities for spring that you can do with your kids! These fun, free activities are perfect for your family!
Even though there is still a little snow on the ground outside, the last couple of days have been warmer, and I have hope that spring is on its way! These free, fun spring activities will give you hours of good times with your family!
Tip: Save the image above to Pinterest so that you can easily refer to this list of fun spring family activities later!
Free, Fun Activities for Spring Perfect for Kids and Families!
- Go on an Easter egg hunt.
- Decorate hard-boiled eggs.
- Play dolls or superheroes.
- Play pirates or ships.
- Build a simple race track and have a race.
- Make chocolate milk or hot cocoa and make and decorate homemade donuts.
- Make and decorate cookies.
- Make banana splits or hot fudge sundaes.
- Make caramel popcorn.
- Read together.
- Read an Easter story.
- Reenact the Easter story.
- Write and act out a simple play.
- Color or marker together.
- Draw rainbows.
- Play house (or family, as my five-year-old daughter likes to call it) or school or bakery (or ice cream shop—you get the idea :)).
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Draw a map and go on a treasure hunt (my kids love this one!).
- Paint together.
- Do finger painting.
- Have your children invite a handful of friends over to play simple games like “Duck, Duck, Goose,” “Musical Chairs,” “Hot Potato,” “London Bridges,” “Follow the Leader,” and so on.
- Have a tea party.
- Play dress-up.
- Form a band (create or gather simple musical instruments to play together as a family or with friends).
- Dance together.
- Choreograph a simple dance routine.
- Do aerobics or other exercises together.
- Do simple (maybe edible!) crafts together. Find ideas for spring kids crafts here.
- Give the kids a bubble bath.
- Play age-appropriate board games and card games together.
- Play with wooden blocks.
- Play with marble tube games.
- Play with plastic building blocks.
- Do puzzles together.
- Do chalk art.
- Blow bubbles.
- Write a silly poem or story.
- Use a flashlight in a darkened room to make shadow puppets.
- Build a fort out of chairs or sectional furniture and large sheets or blankets.
- Let the kids help to make a simple meal.
- Play on your swing set.
- Jump on the trampoline.
- Color with chalk on the sidewalk.
- Play tag in the backyard.
- Play hide and seek.
- Let your kids help you garden.
- Play catch.
- Play Frisbees.
- Play kickball or football.
- Go camping as a family in the backyard if it is warm enough.
- Make indoor s’mores.
- Have a hot dog or marshmallow roast in the backyard.
- Go “camping” in your family room for the night (my kids love this one!).
- Watch a movie together (let your kids pick it).
- Go for a bike ride, or ride scooters.
- Visit cousins or set up a play date with friends.
- Go to a free Easter concert or pageant.
- Listen to fun kids’ music together.
- Go to a free music concert.
- Go for a drive up the canyon.
- Go puddle jumping.
- Go for a walk or hike.
- Ride skateboards or inline skates.
- Go to the park.
- Fly kites.
- Go on a picnic.
- Visit free museums or aquariums (or go on a day when admission is free or reduced).
- Go to activities or to read at the library.
- Ask your children what they want to do, and then do it! 🙂
There are so many free things you can do to keep your kids entertained this spring! Enjoy the warmer weather and the sunshine by doing free, fun activities for spring with your children outside! Or for those rainy spring days, find tons of ideas for things to do inside, as well! Whether inside or out, you will find ideas for hours of fun activities for spring for your kiddos or for the whole family!
What free, fun activities do you love to do with your family during the spring? I would love to hear what you and your kiddos do as well, so leave a comment below and let me know!
Invitation to Share
Was there something in this article that inspired you to change something about your money? Are there ideas or tips that you feel could help others? Would you please take a minute to share this article via email or social media? I would love your help to share these principles of financial well-being. Thank you!
Join our new, closed Families for Financial Freedom Facebook group to get support and share ideas for how we can all improve our financial well-being by earning more, spending less, saving more, and investing more and reach our financial goals. You can do this! And we are here to help.